Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions on this page apply to all orders regardless of signed contract or not for all baked goods from Bittersweet Cake Design, LLC.
All orders of our baked goods require a 50% deposit at the time the order is placed to reserve your event date or order fulfillment.
If an order is cancelled after it has been booked, we lose business from
potential clients that were turned away to reserve your event date. Additionally, all of our baked goods which include Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookies, and TrufflePops® are custom made to order using perishable, time sensitive ingredients. For those
reasons, all deposits and/or payments made in full are non-refundable and non-transferable, if an order is cancelled.
- The client agrees to colors, designs, sizes, servings and flavors upon
placement of the order. The client also agrees that upon final
payment and pickup or delivery of the order, that they accept the
product “as is” and no refunds will be issued. The date of your final payment is also the final date for any changes of colors, sizes, designs, servings or flavors. Any changes made after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges. Setup fees for all cakes will be applied. The client is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the setup of the cake/cupcakes. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. We are not responsible for any damages that occur to your cake/cupcakes once setup is complete (i.e.: table collapses or is bumped into causing cake to fall). Delivery charges will also be applied based upon delivery distance and are made Monday-Saturday only during regular business hours or designated delivery time.
- We do reserve the right to use creative judgment or make adjustments where we feel necessary in order to maintain the quality and workmanship of our designs but also preserve the interpretation of your design to the best of our abilities.
- If fresh flowers are provided to be used on the cake/cupcakes, we will arrange up to 12 flowers at no additional charge and $2 for each additional flower. The client also acknowledges that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt and other contaminants and can cause the cake to become inedible.
-All cakes, including cookies, cupcakes, and TrufflePops®, will be photographed and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain
or come in contact with milk or milk products, wheat, nuts, soy and
other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold
us harmless due any allergic reactions.
- Any orders placed with less than two(2) weeks notice require payment in
full at the time the order is placed, provided that the date is
- A disclaimer will be included on invoices/receipts for orders placed online through PayPal or over the phone by credit card as acceptance of the terms and conditions in lieu of signing an agreement before placing an order. Once said order is processed, the client agrees to the terms and conditions set forth on this page.
- If your cake/cupcakes require equipment that we provide such as cake stands, cupcake stands or otherwise stipulated, a security deposit must be left with us at the time of final payment in order to ensure the safe return of our equipment. We will refund this security deposit if the equipment is returned to us in its original condition and undamaged no later than one(1) week after the event date. The security deposit for equipment rental will be forfeited if the equipment is not returned as described above.
Tasting consultations can be scheduled for parties that will be serving
150 or more guests and there is a $40 non-refundable fee for this
appointment. This payment must be made the same day the appointment is
made and will only be refunded if the event is booked within one(1) week of
the day of the tasting.
- If you do not pick up your order when scheduled or no one is available to accept your order at the scheduled time of delivery, it will be considered abandoned and there will be no refund given. Refunds can only be given for custom cakes only, provided, the cake is deemed inedible for consumption and must be refused at the
time of delivery. If it is refused after delivery is made for said reason, it must be returned within 24
hrs. of the delivery time. No refunds will be given if cake is served, or tampered with and is not returned for further investigation. Additionally, if
your cake is picked up directly from us, the client will assume ALL liability and
responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our
possession. Delivery and setup fees are non-refundable.
- Our Responsibility: Our performance is contingent upon the ability of Bittersweet Cake Design, LLC to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, natural disasters, inclement weather, and other causes beyond our control.
Our mission is to provide you with the best cake design possible. Please keep
in mind that we are creating custom baked goods. It is very
important to ask as many questions necessary to ensure that what is
agreed upon is understood. No question or concern is trivial to us.
The end result will never be
absolutely perfect, however, we will do
our best to provide you the design you have envisioned and requested to the best of our ability.